What kind of resources does Oasis offer for parents/caregivers?
If you are a parent, caregiver, teacher, or just a caring adult, there are many ways you can support LGBTQ youth in the community. Here are some resources to get you started:
- Educate Yourself - Become a resource for LGBTQ youth by learning about the different resources offered in the community and by educating yourself on the issues that LGBTQ youth face.
- Schedule a tour or community training - Come into Oasis for a tour and better yet, bring people from your group, family, and/or organization along. As an added bonus, we can also connect you to the Rainbow Center, which is located in the same building as Oasis. Can't make the outing? Schedule a community training and we will come to you!
- Volunteer opportunities with Oasis - Share your talents, abilities, and connections as a Bridge-Builder volunteer, drop-in volunteer, or administrative volunteer with Oasis. Attend Oasis volunteer trainings to learn more about how to better support LGBTQ youth and practice the skills you learn with other volunteers like you!
- Show your support - Download or order a safe space kit for your office or classroom from GLSEN
- Donate - Help support LGBTQ youth by attending a fundraising event, like our annual Big Hat Brunch event and Seattle Storm Game, purchasing items from our Amazon wish-list, or make a direct donation to Oasis through our online donation link.